elisi's humble abode
Logic is flexible, poetry is immutable.
29 August 2017 07:25 pm (UTC)
I’ve faced down Davros himself and his entire Dalek fleet – if you think a dozen humans with primitive guns would worry me, you have seriously misjudged the situation. Again. So: Where. Are. My. Toclafane?
– To adapt Eleven’s words of River from a totally different context: “I shouldn’t like it when he does this. Is it bad that I do, a bit?”
At this the Seeker smiled. It wasn’t a nice smile. It was a smile that gave Roda entirely too many flashbacks; a superior, unpleasant smile, that she knew would be followed by something truly abhorrent – the Master had always smiled like that when about to reveal a truth that would hurt more than any lie could.
– Again. Liking this. Probably really shouldn’t be.
You presume there is a difference.
– Game, set, and
match. (From a bit later on: Oh, he was presumably talking about Toclafane being future humans. I thought he was talking about these humans having no humanity. Not mutually exclusive.)
currently busy trying to calculate a way to way to alter the eco system of the planet, making it more human friendly without losing any of the inherent benefits for the Crinitus.
it is. :)
«You moron!» Roda raged. «And you pride yourself on your rational mind? What the hell is wrong with you?»
– Hypothesis A: The poor boy’s in love, and can’t help himself. Hypothesis B: This is actually the course of action that will get the humans to reveal more of their plans, thereby enabling the Seeker, Seven- or Master-like, to collapse them into their own traps. In spite of an apparent incongruity, these are, again, not mutually exclusive.
The greed in his eyes was unmistakable and Roda wanted to punch the smug look off his face
– Roda isn’t the only one.
Possibly followed by a good punch for the Seeker also. Men.
– Hmm. That would be justified too. Also,
reference alert. Though, come to think of it, the intolerable idiocy of men being, well, men, has a much wider scope than that.
“Ex-ter-mi-nate! Ex-ter-mi-nate! Ex-ter-mi-nate!”
– Oh. Oh dear. I mean, obviously Caan and Roda were going to meet and it was going to be disastrous at some point, but… oh dear. Thank goodness he apologized first.
Thread from start
This account has disabled anonymous posting.
You can comment on this post while signed in with an account from many other sites, once you have confirmed your email address.
Sign in using OpenID
If you don't have an account you can
create one now
HTML doesn't work in the subject.
Check spelling during preview
This account is set to log the IP addresses of everyone who comments.
Links will be displayed as unclickable URLs to help prevent spam.
Doctor Who Meta Masterlist
BtVS/AtS Meta Masterlist
Top of page