elisi's humble abode
Logic is flexible, poetry is immutable.
4 August 2017 10:04 pm (UTC)
the old control room. The wide windows showed a view of unending pale blue, misty mountains in the distance
– FOUR: Funny about the windows.
ROMANA II: What windows?
FOUR: Yes, and then there's the general architectural style. Would you call it rococo?
ROMANA II: No, I wouldn't.
but translating that to something usable…
– Not called the Seeker for nothing, this one. :)
I thought they just sent Judoon to kill everyone they didn’t approve of.
– To be fair, insofar as we’ve seen their MO, this seems about right…
make contact with the-“ he caught himself, “-the natives.
– And a whole thesis could be written about this self-correction.
Believing you could foment a revolution, get a better deal working directly with those primitives, than what I would offer you
– Goodness, has he met Mr Goodacre, sorry, the Doctor?
even though his mind was abruptly trying to connect missing dots in order to work out what the Captain was talking about…
– enjoys watching the wheels turn.
Oh. His conversation with Roda in the cell, a single sentence:
– And… bingo.
How was he supposed to do anything if he was given incomplete or incorrect information? Stars above she was infuriating.
– Well, to be fair, she doesn’t know you or trust you yet, sunshine. I mean, yes, from his point of view, fair enough, but equally fair from hers.
and it was sobering to realise how dependent he had become.
– Continuing to work it all out, on multiple levels. That‘s our Seeker.
but you will not make a fool out of me
– Job already done, mate. Though there aren’t many things as dangerous as someone who is sure they know what they’re doing, and don’t need to consider other points of view…
inventive technology to belong to anyone associated with The Shadow Proclamation. Regulation all the way, that’s how the Architects like it.
– Again, the phrase “bang to rights” seems not unapt. Which leaves open the question of whether the Shadow Proclamation is partly just a double-bluffing front for some really incredibly adept and clever operatives. Probably not, unfortunately…
He… what? Oh dear. I mean, yes, he probably just signed his own death warrant if that mental tug that the Seeker felt earlier was the Toclafane returning — which of course will make Roda even less willing to believe him that he isn’t the Master, particular given the chapter one throwaway (ha!) remark that “it was past The Year That Never Was for her” so she’ll know precisely what they are.
Very curious as to whether the Captain is still alive at the end of the next chapter…
Thread from start
This account has disabled anonymous posting.
You can comment on this post while signed in with an account from many other sites, once you have confirmed your email address.
Sign in using OpenID
If you don't have an account you can
create one now
HTML doesn't work in the subject.
Check spelling during preview
This account is set to log the IP addresses of everyone who comments.
Links will be displayed as unclickable URLs to help prevent spam.
Doctor Who Meta Masterlist
BtVS/AtS Meta Masterlist
Top of page